Monday, August 11, 2008

Theory Of The Crazy Cat Lady

When I see stories like this I can't help but wonder how a person acquires fifty cats. I can hardly tolerate my 1 cat and 2 dogs on a daily basis. And then it hit me today.

A little background

We got our dog Thor almost 7 years ago. And up until about 6 months ago this rotten dog has tormented me. Every single day this stinky beast would use my home as his potty field. Now don't go thinking "Well if she let the dog out she wouldn't have this problem" because he is outside the majority of the day. He loves to be outside, he just doesn't want to poo in his play area.

Fast forward to 6 months ago.

We bought a new puppy. Oden is a cute little miniature schnauzer. And now he torments me. The funny thing is since we've bought the puppy, Thor has stopped using the house as his private bathroom and he's become a family favorite. Wooo hoooo!! BUT! He handed down his habit to Oden. I know. I know. He's a puppy. But here's the thing. He will spend hours outside and when he comes in he goes to one of two areas to doo his deed. So I've resorted back to caging him, but when ever I give him a chance he runs and soils my home.

So by now you're probably thinking what the hell is she talking about and what does this have to do with the crazy cat lady who collected 50 cats. Here's my theory. She had one cat she hated and when she got a new cat she hated the first a little bit less. Then when she hated the second cat she got a third so she'd like the second cat. And so on and so on until her home was filled with stinky cats and piles of poo. Oh and did you notice it said some were dead? Those were probably her favorites since they couldn't bug her anymore.

When we were at the mall yesterday we took the boys to pet the puppies in the pet shop. While there the thought of getting a new dog so I might like Oden a little bit more actually crossed my mind.

And thus my theory of the origins of a crazy cat lady!

No comments: