Sunday, October 5, 2008

4 years

It's hard to believe that it's been four years since motormouth has been born. Some days it seems like yesterday. Some days it feels like he's a teenager with all his angst.

Four years ago I was 39 weeks pregnant. We decided to go walk around Walmart, for some reason I always had major contractions when I walked around there. Well, the little stinker must have known what was up. As Hubs took the big one out to get him in the car I was grabbing a few things and that's when it happened. I sneezed. And that sneeze set off a chain of events. I had to yell out the window to Hubs "Never mind. My water broke." Back in they came and we packed up to leave. Yes, you read that right. I was never one to actually back a hospital bag. I jumped in the shower and then off to the hospital I went.

My parents met us and swept the big one away to their house.

It was a nice smooth labor. Everything progressed as it should. About 3am I received my epidural and was finally able to sleep. At around 8am my O.B. showed up and chastised me and my nurses for having my epidural so early and that I surely slowed down my labor. About 45 minutes later I called my nurse and said things were getting unbearable. She checked me. He was right there. In your face doctor! She got there just in time for motormouth to pop out. All 9 pounds 5 ounces of him.

He was always such a good baby. Nursed well, slept pretty good and was just all around a happy little guy. And he's grown into such a wonderful little boy. I would be lost with out him. I may call him motormouth, but that little voice is like music to my ears. It is one of the sweetest songs that I've ever heard.

Happy birthday my sweet little boy. Your mommy loves you more than you ever know. These last four years with you have been the best of my life, and I look forward to many, many, many more. I love watching you learn something new. I love watching you grow. I love how you love me. And even though you are only four years old, I need you, just as much as you need me. I pray every day that you are getting what you need from me and your daddy to be a well rounded young man. I worry constantly that as the middle child you feel like you are missing something. Your brothers, both, have finagled a lot more mommy alone time than you have. But I hope you know I try my hardest to make sure you have some quality mommy time as well. You've had such a strong voice, please don't ever lose it. I'll give you my all sweet boy.

Happy birthday my little sweet potato! You are my love, my light and my life.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday sweetie!! I hope you ate some delicious cake :)