Monday, June 30, 2008

Two and Five!!!

It's hard to believe how quickly they've grown. It seems like yesterday they were born. I'd love to say I remember every little detail, but with 3 boys in as many years it's all just kind of a blur. Sure when I look through the pictures the details all come flooding back, but to just sit here - nah. It all just flows together.

The big one thinks he's an adult now. Just the other day I asked him the go check on Little and he response was "Can you do it please? I'm to busy being an adult." That caused a few chuckles. He amazes me everyday. Smart as a whip but very sensitive to others. Always trying to help where ever he can. What a great little man he is turning into. I'm growing more and more apprehensive about him growing up and heading off to school. I worry daily that he'll be picked on or won't make friends very quickly. He's a social little guy but he does worry about who does and does not like him. Normal I know, but it breaks my heart to see him worry about such things. I wish I could keep him safe forever in the little cocoon we call home.

Now The little one. He's a breed all his own. This kid has no fear and know's no boundaries. He's an obstenate little thing and that temper flares at a drop of a hat. Independent and flirtatious he can make pretty much anyone succomb to anything his little heart desires. All he has to do is bat those big blue eyes and flash that beautiful smile of his and we are all putty in his hands.

Oh how I love my boys. I wish I could stop the clock and keep them like this forever. I know they are safe and happy. And they know they are loved and cherished more than anything more in this world.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Awwww!! It's so hard to believe how fast they are growing up. I hear ya on the Biggest one growing up...I have those fears, too. I just want to lock the door and keep them with me forever. Happy Birthday to two sweet boys!

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday sweet boys! I can't believe how quick the time has gone!